Young Companion Close-up: 10 Amazing Facts about Mus’ab Ibn ‘Umair (RA)
1. Nicknamed Mus`ab the Good, this handsome & young companion grew up in a pampered way. He was exposed to every kind of luxury.
2. Faith filled his heart while in the companion of Muhammad, Sal Allahu alayhi wassalam, and other companions at Dar Al-Arqam.
3. He became Muslim after listening to the verses of the Qur’an recited by the Prophet (SAW).
4. He emigrated to Abyssinia twice. He was able to travel with other Muslims to escape prosecution.
5. Mus’ab Ibn ‘Umair (RA) was the first ambassador of Islam [to Madinah], tasked with instructing the Ansaar (Helpers) who believed in the Prophet’s (SAW) calling to invite others to Islam.
6. Under his mission, the number of Muslims rose from 7 to 70 in only a few months.
7. He was committed to his role, and carried out the Dawah (calling to Allah) duty with excellence.
8. His last words are preserved in a poignant verse of the Quran “Muhammad is not but a messenger. [Other] messengers have passed on before him. “(3:144).
9. His character, skills & accomplishments are truly exceptional; but too many to mention here.
10. Mus’ab (RA) was a youth, yet filled with maturity and wisdom. He had strong faith fused with great leadership and communication skills. His great passion for Islam remains an inspiration to all – young and old.
Are you inspired? What do you want to achieve in your youth? Share below..